Monday, March 18, 2013

Friends and Family







After we got into his room in the PICU, Jackson's dad and my mom arrived.  Jackson and his dad were able to give him a priesthood blessing along with Patrick and Ryan.  My mom and I stood by straining to hear what he was saying, but unable to hardly hear a thing.  So I asked him how he felt, Jackson said he felt good about it.  That didn't give me the peace and knowledge I was hoping for, just cause I couldn't tell what was said.  But I was glad he had at least received a blessing.  I asked for one for myself and they gave me one.  Very short and sweet, blessing me with peace and comfort.  Again not much information, but much needed.
Jackson's mom was able to go get my kids from the neighbors and take care of them.  This was so nice to have them taken care of for as long as was needed.  Friends of mine just wanted to do something, to help, one told me she kept saying "I need to go get her kids!"  Everyone felt so helpless.  Her husband said,"you are going to go take them from their grandma?"  We joked that she said "yes, yes I am" everyone just wanted to DO something, but at this time there wasn't much any of us could do.

The nursing staff was very strict that we could only have two in the room at a time.  So even Jackson and I would have to step out to allow some people to get to see him.  One time the nurse took me on a tour of the area to show me how to get around.  They had a snack station...that's all I remember.  I am bad with directions and knew I would be all turned around any way.  So, I just cried the whole time and asked her what I can expect from this.  She assured me that some children can have a full recovery and that he is looking good.  Doctor's let me know, even if he comes out whole, they can't predict whether this can affect if he "will get a B in science rather than an A".  Hmmm not so comforting, I know how hard it is to know what the repercussions are, you can't see from an image or a picture if there will be side affects that are unforeseen. (not so comforting)
Family started pouring in to see him; we literally had a waiting room full of immediate family:)  They are so awesome.  Mine and Jackson's brother's and sisters, in-laws mom's and Dad's.  Patrick brought deluxe donuts for all of them to have.  We had to switch out to have people see him, but I think it was comforting and therapeutic for everyone to be together.  So much love poured in, along with food and prayers.  Hudson had complained of being hungry and thirsty since we were on the helicopter, the poor thing couldn't eat until we knew he wouldn't have to go to surgery.  So he cried for food and drink but we couldn't let him, he also was continuing to throw up into his neck brace.
Jackson and I began recieving dozens of texts at a time, we didn't have time to read them, but it meant sooo much to see how many people were thinking of us and praying for us!!
That evening after everyone was gone the bishop of our ward along with his wife, arrived with a bag (humongous bag!!) full of items the ward had gathered for us.  It had everything from books, magazines, nail polish, healthy food and yummy snacks, money for gas and notes from little friends of Hudson's.  This brought in such a feeling of love and support.  We couldn't believe how many people were aware and willing to help.  How do we thank everyone??  We just wanted to tell everyone how much this meant to us.  Words cant express.

No comments:

Post a Comment